Local Government Reimbursement Benefits
The following benefit plans are offered as benefits that can be attained through contract negotiations. These plans can be added to existing benefits in place for a CSEA bargaining unit or they may be negotiated separately as a stand-alone plan. These benefits are options offered to local government units.
Hearing Aid, Legal, Maternity, Prescription Drug Co-Pay, Physician Co-Pay and Workplace Security benefit plans are offered to CSEA members.
The following benefit plans are also offered as negotiable benefits. These plans can be added to existing benefits in place for a unit or they may be negotiated separately as a stand-alone plan. These benefits are only offered to local government units.
- Hearing Aid - Provides an allowance up to $450 per ear towards the cost of a hearing aid once every three calendar years, depending on your contract. The member submits a completed claim form with the paid bill and a copy of the doctor's prescription for the hearing aid to the EBF. The member is reimbursed up to the $450 per ear maximum and charges over the allowances are the responsibility of the member. The member retains the right to choose any doctor or otologist. The Plan does not cover repairs to hearing aids or replacement batteries. For Hearing Aid Form, Click Here
- Legal Plan - There is a $1,000 annual maximum. This benefit pays a set amount towards legal services according to a fee schedule. Charges over the allowances are the responsibility of the member and the member retains the right to choose any attorney according to individual need and type of case. For Legal Plan Form, Click Here
- Maternity Plan - Covers eligible members or their spouses. Upon the birth of a child, the plan pays a $200 benefit to help defray maternity care costs. Multiple births receive multiple benefits and this benefit is not diminished by any other medical benefit which may be received. For Maternity Plan Form, Click Here
- Prescription Drug Co-Pay - Reimburses co-pays and other out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs which are not covered by the member's regular prescription drug plan once annually, up to a maximum of $200 per family per calendar year. Other maximums and/or benefit years may be negotiated. Prescriptions must be dispensed by a licensed pharmacist. Drugs, vitamins, diet supplements, etc., which can be purchased without a prescription are not covered. For Prescription Drug Co-Pay Form, Click Here
- Physician Co-Pay - Reimburses health insurance co-payments for office visits. Reimbursement is processed once annually up to a maximum of $120 per family per calendar year. For Annual Physician Co-Pay Form, Click Here
All eligible and enrolled members covered by the Employee Benefit Fund for one or more benefits are automatically enrolled in this program at no cost to the member or employer. Administered by Pearl Carroll Associates, this program insures the member for trauma experienced during specific incidents while in pursuit of their occupational duties; i.e., criminal assault on the job, hostage situations, and accidental death related to an assault. There are specific benefit amounts paid dependent upon conditions explained in the program booklet.